Capitol Highway – Multnomah to Texas Sewer Repair Project Construction Update
Environmental Services is partnering with Portland's Bureau of Transportation (PBOT) to complete sewer repairs on Capitol Highway as part of PBOT's SW Capitol Highway Pavement Rehabilitation Project. The sewer repairs included in this project were formerly part of the Hillsdale South Sewer Repair project. Combining the repaving work with the sewer repair work will reduce the overall impact to SW Capitol Highway and the Multnomah Village community.
This project will repair or replace approximately 820 feet of 80-year-old, deteriorating public sewer pipes along SW Capitol Highway between SW 35th Avenue and SW Texas Street.The project will also repair or replace 10 sewer service laterals either to the curb, edge of pavement, or right-of-way; lateral pipes connect adjacent buildings to the public sewer. Taking these actions now will help protect the public and the environment by reducing the possibility of costly breaks, leaks, blockages, and sewage releases to homes, businesses, and streets.
A project map is available on the webpage at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/
This schedule refers only to the sewer repair work being done in the next three weeks. Work on each block will be conducted in multiple phases with periods of inactivity between each phase, typically ranging from a few days to a few weeks. Please be aware that schedules are subject to change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules, and materials availability.
Week of July 15 – No pipe work scheduled.
Week of July 22 – No pipe work scheduled.
Week of July 29 – Crews will be installing storm drain piping at the intersection of SW Capitol Hwy and SW 35th Avenue.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
· Construction creates noise, vibration and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
· Local access to all properties will be maintained, but construction activities may impact normal use of your driveway or entrance to your business during certain periods of construction.
· You should expect traffic delays in and near the work area. Please observe traffic control signs and follow the directions of flaggers.
· On‐street parking will be restricted in and near the work zones to create a safe work environment and to stage equipment and materials.
· Some equipment and materials may be stored on your street or nearby streets overnight.
· A city inspector will be on-site during construction work hours and may be able to assist you with an immediate need during construction.
· Sewer, water, and other utilities will remain in service during construction.
Construction hours are from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the same hours on Saturdays as needed.
The Portland Noise Office approved night work for multiple locations within the project boundaries. Homes and businesses near these locations will receive a separate notification before night work takes place.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For information about this project and other sewer repairs in the area, visit www.portlandoregon.gov/
If you would like to know more about PBOT’s SW Capitol Highway Pavement Rehabilitation Project, visit the project webpage at www.portlandoregon.gov/
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns such as business operations, disability issues, medical or business deliveries, or other concerns. We appreciate your communication and want to hear from you.